Sunday, November 13, 2011

Decoration Inspiration: Holiday Tablescapes

I feel like every year I end up pulling out my Christmas decorations just a little bit earlier.  For the past few years my best friend and I have done "November 30th decorating day" where, even if we're not in the same city, we officially pull out our boxes of decorations and start unpacking.  We had decided that December is clearly fair game for having Christmas decor up and that the last day of November would give us the best head start we could get - but this year I don't think I can wait that long.  I have already visited the Ikea Holiday Tent and have amassed a little pile of new decorations that seems to be slowly increasing in size.  Not to mention the fact that my new monogrammed stockings from Pottery Barn arrived and I couldn't very well put them away in a box...  So this year I am officially moving decorating day to November 25th - the instant Thanksgiving is over.

To tide myself over until then I am going collect some "decoration inspiration" photos and blog about decorating different areas of your home.  We shall begin with the table:





I found a plaid tablecloth this week at Marshall's and I brought it home to see if I could work it into my holiday decor.  I thought it might be too busy but I think with white plates and maybe a burlap table runner and some mini pine trees it will look great.

Via Williams Sonoma

Here is another great table involving plaid and some burlap.  I LOVE the holly berries and the candle holders with the fake snow.

Via Sweet Something Designs

And how cute is this place setting?  I think I need to find me some burlap placemats...

Via Sweet Something Designs
I just love how she used a blanket as a tablecloth.  This is a stunning as an outdoor table and I think it would look great inside as well.

Via Sweet Something Designs
Here's a beautiful table centerpiece that Michelle over at Sweet Something Designs created out of a pedestal bowl, a hurricane vase, and a homemade candle ring.  Gorgeous!  And I'm loving the bright red placemats.

Via Sweet Something Designs

Another idea for a table centerpiece:  Tiny pinecone Christmas trees!  Place in little containers and add a small, glittery star on top.  This would also be cute on a mantle or sideboard.

Via Good Housekeeping

This is really pretty and simple and I love the color combo of the wintery light blue and the red.  And how cute is the little robin on the table runner?

Via Honey We're Home

And I love this take on a 'California Christmas' featuring succulents, coral and red peonies.  It shows you really can incorporate anything into your holiday decor!

Via Hostess with the Mostess

Via Hostess with the Mostess

There are so many great ideas out there for table decor I could post pictures forever!  I just hope mine turns out as beautiful as some of these.  Stay tuned for the photos!



No comments:

Post a Comment