Thursday, October 6, 2011

THE BLOG IS NOT DEAD!

It was just on vacation.  A honeymoon, to be exact.  And I'm pretty sure my three followers (hi mom!) haven't exactly been crying in their pumpkin spice lattes due to the lack of Turquoise & Tea in their lives.  But Turquoise & Tea missed you.  And thought of you on their honeymoon.  And may or may not have made a list of blog-post-ideas in their iPhone from the beach in Santorini.

So we're back and fall is in full-swing.  Yesterday's activities included:  Scarf & boot wearing, festive tea towel purchase, festive cookie cutter purchase, fall-flavored Starbucks, and perusing the aisles at Pier 1 Imports longing over giant glitter candy corn decoration (I may have to go back).

I love decorating for the holidays.  And I have to admit one of my favorite ways of acquiring decorations is to raid the stores post-holiday when everything is 75% off.  It's hard because you know you're not going to be able to use it for a whole year - but when the next year rolls around you have all these awesome, brand new decorations waiting for you in your very own closet (snowman shower curtain here I come!).

Here are a few of the Pier 1 decorations I hope to score this year, post-Halloween:



"The Witch is In" glittery wall-hanging


Haunted House LED Candle

Mosaic Pumpkin Candle Holder

Giant glitter candy corn (literally the size of your head)

Lighted Vine Pumpkins 
(these are beautiful - I'm really hoping they have some left)


I also really love those 'Halloween trees' people have started doing - like a black Christmas tree with orange mini-lights and decorations. And Pier 1 now sells Halloween tree ornaments as well.  They have a tree as well but it's $70 so I may have to check out Target and see if they have one for a better price.


I'm off to unpack the pumpkins.
Happy decorating!



No comments:

Post a Comment