Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Fall-idays

So I may get some slack for this post from readers living in cooler climates - and I too would have once felt that the comment I'm about to launch warranted a swift kick in the short shorts - but as much as I enjoy California's ever-sunny disposition I'M READY FOR SUMMER TO BE OVER!  I know, you hate me.

Look, it's not that I don't appreciate the six months of available beach days or the fact that I can currently cook an eggs benedict on my front step - I love summer!  I'm a beach girl at heart.  But variety is the spice of life and this life is ready for a pumpkin spice latte.  Enough is enough, folks.  It's time for a season change up in this county.

Hailing from Canada (there's a pun in there somewhere) I am no stranger to umbrellas and wet socks, so I recognize there may be a part of me that is waxing nostalgic for home.  But native longings aside, let's take a moment to appreciate the awesomeness that is FALL!  Tall boots, cozy tights, scarves, pea coats, those slouchy beret-hats, hot coffee instead of iced coffee, hot bubble baths instead of cold showers, fireplaces instead of air conditioners, colorful leaves, spice-scented candles and piles of fuzzy blankets, and everything smells like cinnamon, pumpkin & nutmeg and sounds like Harry Connick Jr. (okay, that's my house).  Fall is the season of coziness not to mention a segue to some of my most favorite holidays.

For decorating/crafting/baking fanatics like me, the last three months of the year are prime real estate.  Pumpkins, turkeys, fall leaves, cookies, pies, ornaments...  The possibilities are endless!  And with this new blog I plan on sharing all of it with you.  So get ready for recipes, craft projects, and decorating & gift ideas galore.  Can you tell how excited I am?

So there it is.  I may be a beach girl at heart - but I'm definitely a fall girl at hearth.

No comments:

Post a Comment