Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Decoration Inspiration: Holiday Mantel

To me, nothing says "holidays" more than a decorated mantel.  Our current home has a really huge, prominent one that is one of the first things you see when you walk in the door, so I'm really excited to pull down all the picture frames and cover it in garlands and lights and beautiful sparkly pinecone-y things.

Here are some of my holiday mantel "inspiration pics" for this year.





I love the mint green accents incorporated throughout this one.  And those three little chairs are pretty much the cutest thing I have ever seen.

Via Bennet and Company

I think this Holiday Mantel by Layla over at The Lettered Cottage is adorable.  I especially love the vintage feel of the stockings and the suitcases in the fireplace.

Via The Lettered Cottage

I love this lantern filled with fake snow nestled among the real garland with twinkle lights.  Mmm,  Nothing like that fresh pine-y smell!  And the ornaments hanging from the twigs are adorable.

Via
Here's the full view.  I love the indoor wreath.



Here's a Christmas mantel with a touch of turquoise!

Via The Inspired Room

Although I'm a big fan of stockings on the mantel, these letter-ornaments are super cute and could be hung anywhere in the house.

Via HGTV

This year I really want to incorporate some mercury glass into my holiday decorating.  I think the antiqued silver look is so beautiful and I love how you can collect a bunch of different pieces and group them together so they look cohesive.  The Pottery Barn ones in this pic ain't cheap, but I've seen some great pieces at Marshalls for about a quarter of the price.

Via Pottery Barn

So many great ideas...  And only a few more days until I can pull out the boxes!  Happy Decorating.


No comments:

Post a Comment