This is a great recipe to use up that leftover zucchini or for when you want to hide some healthy veggies in your baking!
You Will Need:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs (use ener-g egg replacer for vegan version!)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup apple sauce (if you don't have apple sauce you can add an extra 1/2 cup of oil)
- 2 cups sugar (I used half brown & half white)
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- mini chocolate chips (optional)
- 2 muffin tins & paper baking cups
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees & line muffin tins with paper cups.
2. Combine flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
3. Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined.
4. Spoon batter into muffin cups (about 3/4 full) and sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top, if you like! Bake for about 40 minutes. Let cool & enjoy!
* Makes about 24 muffins